Equibliss Pathways is an Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy Certification program, and is an experiential and relational approach to psychotherapy involving horses as our honest and authentic partners.
This program is for mental health professionals (counselors, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists), graduate students in mental health and residents in mental health. In some cases, we could approve someone who is an undergraduate psychology student or certified ESMHL if they have an understanding that this program will not allow them to practice independently without a mental health professional license.
This certification program will include the following components:
- Level 1: 4-day experiential workshop
- Level 2: 4-day training.
- Minimum of 10 hours of EFP supervision & consultation (individual and group options available)
- Two-day Horsemanship Workshop AND Horsemanship Assessment.
- Guided journal reflections after each training
- Horsemanship assessment
- Equine facilitated psychotherapy completion project at the end of the program.
This training is designed to teach you the theory and application of co-facilitating with your equine co-therapists towards meaningful growth in your clients by
- Engaging in I-Thou (Buber) relationships with the horses and your clients
- Be present in the HERE and NOW
- Listening to the horses feedback
- Listening to your body’s wisdom
- Paying attention to our environment –
- Follow evidence based process for working with trauma (bottom up approach)
- Connection, connection, connection